Coastal Community Federal Credit Union began in 1957 when employees of the Galveston Fire Department decided to form Galveston Firemen's Federal Credit Union. In 1973, the name was changed to City of Galveston Federal Credit Union to allow all city employees of Galveston to join. Then in 1991, the credit union purchased the bank building located at 2302 Church Street which enabled us to offer more services to our growing family.
On August 28, 2000, the credit union changed its charter to take in people who live, work, worship and attend school in Galveston County. To identify our name was changed to COASTAL COMMUNITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION. What began as a $5 investment for 13 Firemen in 1957, has grown to a thriving, full-service financial institution with assets of over $56 million and membership of over 9,600 members today.
Our mission today is the same as our founding Firemen: "We are proud to uphold the "people helping people" moto while providing affordable financial services."